Its spiritual father was a player of American football and physical education teacher at basic school in Boulder (Colorado) Richard Cendali, who spread skipping in the USA and Europe.
Cendali got an ultimatum from his trainer:
You will either run up and down the stairs or jump on the skipping rope daily 15 minutes.
As not to be bored, Cendali tried to do jumps of various difficulties and new fitness category was here. Its name is Rope skipping.
Did you know that you can burn more calories when you skipping a rope than you can burn with running?
Skipping is one of the best ways to lose weight. Skipping may be used as a cardiovascular workout, similar to jogging or bicycle riding, and has a high MET or intensity level.
This aerobic exercise can achieve a "burn rate" of up to 700 to over 1200 calories per hour of vigorous activity, with about 0.1 to nearly 1.1 calories consumed per jump mainly depending upon the speed and intensity of jumps and leg foldings. Ten minutes of skipping are roughly the equivalent of running an eight-minute mile. Skipping for 15–20 minutes is enough to burn off the calories from a candy bar and is equivalent to 45-60 minutes of running depending upon the intensity of jumps and leg swings.
Many professional trainers, fitness experts and professional fighters greatly recommend skipping for burning fat over any other alternative exercises like running and jogging.
How to lose weight?
How to adjust size, and how to use rope.
How to get the size of your skipping rope:
1. Stand in the middle of a rope with one leg
2. Pull the handles straight up to make sure the rope is tight and even
3. For beginners, the top of the handles should go close to the shoulder
4. For experienced jumpers, the upper part of the handles should reach underarms or lower
5. For twins, the rope should be shorter, experimenting to see what works for you. for most people, the top of the pens should reach the breast line for a better double at performance
6. If the handles go over the shoulders, your rope should be cut
7. You can temporarily shorten your rope, swinging, moving and tightening the screws on each side.
8. To permanently cut your rope, you can cut out the end pieces
How to use a rope:
1. Look straight ahead to keep the balance.
2. Keep the body upright and balanced by weight on the balls of the legs.
3. Jump only high enough to clear the rope (1 inch from the ground).
4. Easily land on the balls of your feet.
5. Keep your elbows close to your sides, pointing at an angle of 45 degrees.
6. Never sacrifice a good shape jump for speed. Progress is slow.
7. Do not jump on hard ground, as tarmac or concrete. Jump on a wooden floor, or other ground, which softens bumps.
Weight Loss Tips
1. Eat natural
2. Avoid junk snacks
3. Don't consume drinks with many calories
4. Don't skip breakfast
5. Eat small plates
6. Fix meal times
7. Reduce sugar and salt
8. Eat more seafood
9. Sleep tight
10. Exercise at least 15 minutes a day